Donald Trump has been the frontrunner for the GOP primaries for a while now. And we already knew that Ron DeSantis was going to run, we just didn’t know when he’d announce it. With his official announcement now on the books, we have to look at who else we could get to vote for.
After all, while Trump and DeSantis both have great things to offer the USA, are they too divisive for today’s political climate?
We have a few more individuals who have thrown their hats in the ring:
- Nikki Haley, the former US ambassador to the UN and former governor of South Carolina
- Vivek Ramaswamy, an American entrepreneur in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Tim Scott, a current US senator from South Carolina
- Asa Hutchinson, the former governor of Arkansas
- Larry Elder, a political commentator and talk radio host
- Mike Pence, the former VP to Donald Trump
- Chris Christie, the former governor of New Jersey
- Glenn Youngkin, the current governor of Virginia
There are a lot of unique candidates to choose from, though some don’t stand a chance. After all, I think we can all agree that no one wants to see Chris Christie become POTUS. There should be some kind of rule that says you have to be likable in at least one political circle.
And Youngkin just became the governor of Virginia. Perhaps he should have waited until 2028 to throw his hat in the ring. He needs to prove himself first.
With primary elections starting in March of 2024, there’s still time for even more candidates to jump in – and it’s likely they will, too. Hmmm…this is starting to look as full as the 2020 Democratic primaries.